Delhi, the capital of India, is a city with a rich history and culture, and there are many places to visit that won’t cost you a penny. Here are some of the best places to visit for free in Delhi:
- India Gate: This iconic monument, located in the heart of the city, was built to honor Indian soldiers who died in World War I. It’s a popular spot for picnics, and you can spend hours just strolling around and taking in the sights.
- Gurudwara Bangla Sahib: This beautiful Sikh temple is a must-visit for anyone interested in religion or architecture. It’s free to enter and open to all, regardless of faith.
- Rashtrapati Bhavan: The official residence of the President of India is open to the public on certain days of the week. Visitors can take a guided tour of the palace and its gardens, which are absolutely stunning.
- Nehru Planetarium: This planetarium is a great place to visit for anyone interested in astronomy. It’s free to enter and has a variety of shows and exhibits on various topics related to space.
- Swaminarayan Akshardham: This Hindu temple is a marvel of modern architecture and engineering. It’s free to enter, and visitors can explore the temple and its gardens, as well as learn about Hinduism through interactive exhibits.
These are just a few of the many free places to visit in Delhi. Whether you’re interested in history, religion, or science, there’s something for everyone in this vibrant city.