DelhiDesk A tourist guide in Delhi has been arrested for allegedly raping an American woman multiple times on the pretext of marriage. The victim has accused the accused of blackmailing her with obscene photos and videos and extorting $35,000. The woman had visited India several times between 2017 and 2022 and had stayed with the accused. The police did not take any action when the victim complained to the Agra police, but after the US Embassy intervened, the Delhi Police registered a case and arrested the accused. The police commissioner is keeping an eye on the matter, and further action will be taken after the investigation.
Follow DelhiBreakings on Google News
News sorted for you by DelhiBreakings.com team.
– A case of rape of an American woman has come to light in Delhi
– The victim accused a tourist guide of raping her on the pretext of marriage
– The accused blackmailed her by taking her obscene photos and videos and extorted $35,000
– The victim visited India several times between 2017 and 2022 and stayed with the accused
– The victim complained about the matter to the Agra police, but they did not take any action
– The US Embassy wrote a letter to the Delhi Police Commissioner, following which the Delhi Police registered a case
– The accused, Gagandeep, was arrested and sent to jail
– Delhi Police Commissioner is keeping an eye on the matter and further investigations are being done
– The victim is an American citizen and her father and husband have died
– The accused had relations with many other women and was threatening them
– The victim complained to the Agra police, but she was not heard there
– The Delhi Police registered a case on the interference of the embassy