DelhiDesk On May 8, 2023, the Indian stock market closed with a significant gain, with the Sensex rising 709.96 points to close at 61764.25 points, and the Nifty rising 195.40 points to close at 18264.40 points. Out of the 3,811 companies traded on BSE, 2,095 shares closed with gains, while 1,554 shares closed with losses. The rupee strengthened by 1 paise to close at Rs 81.79 against the dollar. The top gainers of Nifty were IndusInd Bank, Tata Motors, Bajaj Finance, and ONGC, while the top losers were Coal India, Adani Enterprises, Sun Pharma, Dr Reddy Labs, and Britannia. The Sensex is an index of the Mumbai Stock Exchange, and the Nifty is the flagship index of the National Stock Exchange. To invest in the stock market, one must first open a demat and trading account with a stockbroker.
Follow DelhiBreakings on Google News
Here is the news bullets sorted by DelhiBreakings.com team.
– Sensex closed at 61764.25 points with a gain of 709.96 points
– Nifty closed at 18264.40 points with a gain of 195.40 points
– 2,095 shares closed with gains, 1,554 with losses, and 162 remained unchanged
– 191 stocks closed at the upper level of 52 weeks, while 34 closed at their 52-week low
– Rupee strengthened by 1 paise against the dollar to close at Rs 81.79
– Top gainers of Nifty: IndusInd Bank, Tata Motors, Bajaj Finance, Bajaj Finserv, and ONGC
– Top losers of Nifty: Coal India, Adani Enterprises, Sun Pharma, Dr Reddy Labs, and Britannia
– Sensex was started in 1986 for the Mumbai Stock Exchange, and it consists of 30 BSE companies
– Nifty is the flagship index of the National Stock Exchange, and it includes the top 50 companies of the NSE
– To invest in the stock market, one needs to open a demat and trading account with a stockbroker
– Gold rate is high in the share market, providing good returns for investors.
For superfast news and Delhi Breaking Stories visti us daily at https://delhibreakings.com