The festival of Akshaya Tritiya will be celebrated on April 22, 2023. On this occasion, the purchase of valuable things and the works of charity are considered best. Buying gold is considered the most auspicious on this day. At the same time, digital payment company PhonePe has announced a cashback offer on the purchase of gold through the app on the auspicious occasion of Akshaya Tritiya.
Walmart-owned company PhonePe said in a statement released on Thursday that on April 22, 2023, a fixed cashback ranging from Rs 50 to Rs 500 will be available on the purchase of 1 gram or more gold. Users can buy 24K gold of the highest purity through the app and deposit it in a bank-grade insured locker with no making charges. On selling their deposited gold anytime, the money is deposited in their bank accounts within 48 hours.
How to buy gold from PhonePe
- Tap on Wealth at the bottom of the home screen of your PhonePe app
- Tap on Gold under the Investment Ideas section.
- Tap on Buy One Time.
- You can either enter the desired amount or grams. However, to get the cashback under the offer, one has to buy at least 1 gram of gold.
- Click on Proceed (Note- The gold price you see is valid only for 5 minutes and will refresh automatically)
- Click on Proceed to Pay, choose the preferred payment mode, and make the payment.
- The gold purchased by you will be stored in bank-grade lockers. You can request it for delivery.
What happens to digital gold?
There is always the fear of theft and loss of physical gold. In such a situation, digital gold has emerged as a new and safe investment medium. Digital gold is a way to buy gold online. In this, gold will be kept in your digital wallet instead of physically. You can also buy and sell it. Additionally, digital gold can be converted into physical gold by paying some extra charge. You can buy digital gold for Re 1 from platforms like PhonePe.