DelhiDesk Fitch Ratings has put the United States’ AAA credit rating on negative watch, indicating a possible downgrade if the limit of Treasury debt in the US Parliament is not increased. Talks over the country’s debt ceiling have escalated, causing jitters in global markets. Failure to reach a deal would be a negative sign of the US’s willingness to honor its obligations and would be unlikely to be consistent with the AAA rating. Fitch downgraded the US before in 2011, and if it does so again, it could affect the determination of the value of trillions of dollars of Treasury debt securities.
Follow DelhiBreakings on Google News
Here is the news bullets sorted by DelhiBreakings.com team.
– Fitch Rating put US credit on watch for a possible downgrade
– Talks over the country’s debt ceiling escalate and jitters grow in global markets
– Fitch has put America’s AAA rating on negative watch
– The downgrade could affect the determination of the value of trillions of dollars of Treasury debt securities
– Share markets in Asia declined on Thursday as investors turned wary of riskier assets due to the impact of US government defaults
– President Joe Biden’s administration and congressional Republicans are at a standoff over raising the $31.4 trillion debt limit
– Fitch said failure to reach a deal would be a negative sign of the US’s willingness to honor its obligations in the Comprehensive Administration and would be unlikely to be consistent with the AAA rating.
For superfast news and Delhi Breaking Stories visti us daily at https://delhibreakings.com