Parliament Staff to Don New Uniforms for Special Session in New Building
Parliament staff will be sporting new uniforms as they prepare to move to the new Parliament building next week for the special session. The new uniforms, designed by the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), will have an ‘Indian’ touch with the inclusion of ‘Nehru jackets’ and khaki-colored pants.
- Bureaucrats will replace their bandhgala suits with a magenta or deep pink Nehru jacket.
- Their shirts will also be in a deep pink color with a lotus flower design.
- The employees will don khaki-colored pants.
- The dress of the marshals in both houses has also been changed to Manipuri turbans.
- The security personnel at the Parliament building will now wear camouflage dresses, similar to the military, instead of safari suits.
Special Parliament Session from September 18
Parliament’s special session is set to commence on September 18 in the old building and will later shift to the new building a day later on the occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi. The new Parliament building was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on May 28 this year. The session will have five sittings, and members will be informed about the provisional calendar separately, according to the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha secretariats.
The announcement of the “special session” of Parliament, from September 18 to 22, was made on August 31 by Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pralhad Joshi, who kept the agenda for it under wraps, triggering speculation.
- Parliament staff will wear new uniforms, designed by NIFT, as they move to the new Parliament building for the special session.
- The new uniforms include ‘Nehru jackets’ and khaki-colored pants, giving them an ‘Indian’ touch.
- The dress of the marshals and security personnel at the Parliament building has also been changed.
- Parliament’s special session will commence on September 18 and will later shift to the new building on September 19.
- The session will have five sittings, and the agenda is currently undisclosed.
Superfast News Coverage by DelhiBreakings.com team.
For Superfast national news and Delhi Breaking Stories visit us daily at https://delhibreakings.com