DelhiDesk Ajay Banga, an Indian-American, has been elected as the new President of the World Bank. He will take over from David Malpass on June 2 for a five-year term. Banga, who started his career with Nestle in 1981 and served as CEO and President of Mastercard, was nominated by US President Joe Biden. In 2020, he was elected as the President of the International Chamber of Commerce. The World Bank Board of Directors looks forward to working with him on the Bank’s development process and efforts to address development challenges in developing countries.
Follow DelhiBreakings on Google News
Here is the news bullets sorted by DelhiBreakings.com team.
– Ajay Banga of Indian origin selected as the next President of the World Bank
– He will take over on June 2 for a 5-year term
– The World Bank Group is ready to work with Banga
– Banga was nominated by US President Joe Biden
– He is currently Vice President of General Atlantic and was previously CEO and President of Mastercard
– In 2020, he was elected as President of the International Chamber of Commerce
– Biden praised Banga as capable of leading the World Bank at this important moment in history
– The Board of Directors looks forward to working with Banga on the World Bank Group development process and dealing with development challenges in developing countries.
For superfast news and Delhi Breaking Stories visti us daily at https://delhibreakings.com