DelhiDesk On May 5, 2023, the Sensex closed with a fall of 694.96 points at 61054.29 points, while the Nifty closed at 18069.00 points with a fall of 186.80 points. Out of 3,641 companies traded on the BSE, 1,499 shares closed with gains, and 2,015 shares with a decline. The rupee strengthened by 1 paise to close at Rs 81.80 against the dollar. The top gainers of the Nifty were shares of Titan Company, UltraTech Cement, Maruti Suzuki, Nestle, and Hero MotoCorp. HDFC Bank, HDFC, IndusInd Bank, Hindalco, and UPL were among the top losers of the Nifty. The Sensex index was started in 1986 for the Mumbai Stock Exchange, while the Nifty is the flagship index of the National Stock Exchange, and the top 50 companies of the NSE are selected on the basis of free float market cap figures.
Follow DelhiBreakings on Google News
Here is the news bullets sorted by DelhiBreakings.com team.
– Share market closed with fall, Sensex down by 694.96 points and Nifty down by 186.80 points
– 1,499 shares closed with gains, 2,015 shares with decline, and no change in share price for 127 companies
– 129 stocks closed at 52-week high and 28 at 52-week low
– Upper circuit installed in 163 shares and lower circuit installed in 123 shares
– Rupee strengthened by 1 paise against the dollar
– Top gainers of Nifty include Titan Company, UltraTech Cement, Maruti Suzuki, Nestle, and Hero MotoCorp
– Top losers of Nifty include HDFC Bank, HDFC, IndusInd Bank, Hindalco, and UPL
– Sensex started in 1986 and consists of 30 BSE companies
– Nifty started in 1995 and includes top 50 companies of NSE
– To invest in stock market, one must open a demat and trading account with a stockbroker, PAN, Aadhaar, and bank account are required
– Sensex closed with a down of 695 points and Nifty down by 187 points on May 5, 2023
For superfast news and Delhi Breaking Stories visti us daily at https://delhibreakings.com