Crude prices have started showing a big jump again in the global market. The cost of Brent crude has increased to around $85. Its effect was also visible in the retail prices of petrol and diesel issued by the government oil companies on Monday morning. Today there is a change in the price of oil in the cities of many states, including UP.
According to government oil companies, petrol became costlier by 36 paise to Rs 97 a litre in Gautam Budh Nagar (Noida), while diesel rose by 30 paise to Rs 89.62 a litre. In Ghaziabad, petrol has become costlier by 32 paise and has reached Rs 96.58 a litre, while diesel has gone up by 30 paise and is being sold at Rs 89.75 a litre. Petrol has become costlier by 14 paise and has gone up to Rs 96.57 a litre in Lucknow, the capital of UP, while diesel has gone up by 13 paise to Rs 89.76 a litre.
Regarding crude oil, its prices have also increased in the last 24 hours. The cost of Brent crude has risen to $ 84.57 per barrel. The rate of WTI has also climbed up to $80.13 per barrel in the global market.
Petrol and diesel prices in all four metros
– Petrol Rs 96.65 and diesel Rs 89.82 per liter in Delhi
– Petrol Rs 106.31 and diesel Rs 94.27 per liter in Mumbai
– Petrol Rs 102.63 and diesel Rs 94.24 per liter in Chennai
– Petrol Rs 106.03 and diesel Rs 92.76 per liter in Kolkata
Rates changed in these cities
– Petrol in Ghaziabad has become Rs 96.58 and diesel Rs 89.75 per litre.
– Petrol in Noida has become Rs 97.00 and diesel Rs 89.62 per litre.
– Petrol in Lucknow has become Rs 96.57 and diesel Rs 89.76 per litre.
New rates are released every morning at 6 am
There is a change in petrol and diesel prices every day at 6 am. The new rates are applicable from 6 am onwards. After adding excise duty, dealer commission, VAT and other things to the price of petrol and diesel, its price almost doubles from the original price. This is the reason why the prices of gasoline and diesel appear so high.