Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Officially Announce Divorce
After days of speculation about their relationship status, Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner have officially announced their divorce. Joe took to Instagram to share a statement.
It read: “Statement from the two of us: After four wonderful years of marriage we have mutually decided to amicably end our marriage. There are many speculative narratives as to why but, truly this is a united decision and we sincerely hope that everyone can respect our wishes for privacy for us and our children.”
Joe turned off comments on his post and did not add any caption either. Sophie did the same.
According to People magazine, Jonas, 34, filed for dissolution of his marriage with the Game of Thrones star in Florida’s Miami-Dade County Court. In the filing, Jonas has stated that “the marriage between the parties is irretrievably broken”. They have a prenuptial agreement in place.
Jonas and Turner, 27, tied the knot in 2019 after nearly three years of dating. The couple welcomed their daughter Willa in 2020, and had another daughter in 2022. The name of their second child hasn’t been made public.
Jonas is seeking joint custody of the girls, according to the divorce documents. “It is in the best interests of the minor children that the parties have shared parental responsibility. A parenting plan should be established, which addresses all parenting issues and contains a timesharing schedule providing for frequent and continuing contact with both parties,” the documents stated.
Jonas and his brothers -★Nick Jonas and Kevin Jonas -★released their sixth studio album of their band Jonas Brothers in May this year. The band recently embarked on a tour, which has more than 90 shows across 20 countries scheduled.
Turner, who hails from Northampton, England, is best known for playing Sansa Stark in HBO’s critically-acclaimed series Game of Thrones. She also portrayed superhero Jean Grey in two X-Men movies – Apocalypse (2016) and Dark Phoenix (2019).
- Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner have officially announced their divorce after four years of marriage.
- In a statement shared on Instagram, they expressed their mutual decision to amicably end their marriage and requested privacy for themselves and their children.
- Joe Jonas filed for dissolution of their marriage in Florida’s Miami-Dade County Court, citing irretrievable breakdown.
- The couple has a prenuptial agreement in place and Jonas is seeking joint custody of their daughters.
- Joe Jonas and his brothers recently released their sixth studio album and embarked on a tour.
- Sophie Turner is known for her roles in Game of Thrones and the X-Men movies.
Superfast News Coverage by DelhiBreakings.com team.
For Superfast national news and Delhi Breaking Stories visit us daily at https://delhibreakings.com