New Delhi: Dog Registration Made Easier in Delhi
In an effort to simplify the process of dog registration in Delhi, the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) is set to introduce a new policy proposal. This proposal, which is expected to be approved today, aims to eliminate the need for higher authorities’ approval for dog registration in the capital city.
Previously, dog owners had to visit the MCD offices and seek approval for the registration of their pets. This process often resulted in inconvenience and wasted time for the owners. However, with the new policy, dog owners can simply apply for registration on the official website of the Corporation.
Once the application is submitted, the MCD will issue a dog registration certificate. However, it is important to note that the registration will be scrutinized later, and if any false information is found, the certificate will be cancelled.
Uniform Fee and Process
Under the new proposal, the requirement for regional authorities’ approval will be eliminated. The dog registration certificate will be issued as soon as the application is made. Additionally, the fee for registration will be made uniform across all regions of Delhi. Previously, the fee varied between different corporations, but now it will be set at Rs 500, the same as the Southern and Eastern Corporations.
It is worth mentioning that registration of pet dogs is mandatory under the Delhi Municipal Corporation Act 1957. Failure to register can result in legal action against the owner. On average, around three thousand dogs are registered in Delhi every year.
The Importance of Dog Registration
Registration plays a crucial role in ensuring that pet dogs are vaccinated against the rabies virus. It also helps in controlling illegal dog breeding and allows for the creation of a database of pet dog owners. Furthermore, the registration number can aid in locating missing pet dogs.
The MCD is urging citizens to register their pet dogs as soon as possible to comply with the law and avoid potential legal consequences.
- Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) is introducing a new policy proposal for dog registration.
- Approval from higher authorities will no longer be required for dog registration in Delhi.
- Owners can apply for registration on the official website of the Corporation.
- A dog registration certificate will be issued after the application is submitted.
- The fee for registration will be made uniform at Rs 500.
- Registration is mandatory under the Delhi Municipal Corporation Act 1957.
- Registration helps ensure dogs are vaccinated and controls illegal breeding.
- It also aids in creating a database of pet dog owners and locating missing dogs.
Superfast News Coverage by DelhiBreakings.com team.
For Superfast national news and Delhi Breaking Stories visit us daily at https://delhibreakings.com