Delhi Government Asks SPA to Prepare Proposal for Redevelopment of City Markets
The Delhi government has requested the School of Planning and Architecture (SPA) to create a detailed proposal for the redevelopment of three city markets. The Municipal Corporation of Delhi will approve the plan, as it was appointed as the executing agency by Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal earlier this year. The first phase of the project will focus on the Kirti Nagar, Kamla Nagar, and Lajpat Nagar markets, while the second phase will include Sarojini Nagar and Khari Baoli. SPA has been asked to consider the current status of the markets, feedback from traders’ associations, and provide maps and boundaries of each market in the proposal.
Detailed Proposal and Design Competition
The proposal prepared by SPA will include a detailed write-up on each market, provisions of the zonal development plans, status of civic amenities and urban infrastructure, and problems and issues concerning the markets. Stakeholder consultation will also be a part of the proposal. Additionally, the proposal will outline the modalities of the design competition to hire a consultant and estimate the cost for the redevelopment. The prize money given to the consultant agency will be adjusted in its remuneration. Once approved by the chief engineer of MCD, the project will be forwarded for final approval, and the Delhi government will allocate funds for the works and hold the design competition.
Active Involvement and Expedited Project
Industries Minister Saurabh Bharadwaj has instructed a senior officer of Shahjahanabad Redevelopment Corporation to be actively involved in the project and expedite its progress. The minister has emphasized the need for time-bound compliance of decisions and effective coordination mechanisms among participating agencies.
The involvement of experts like SPA in the redevelopment project is a positive step. Engaging institutions with expertise can contribute to better planning and execution. Similar collaborations should be encouraged in future projects as well.
- The Delhi government has asked SPA to prepare a detailed proposal for the redevelopment of three city markets.
- The Municipal Corporation of Delhi will approve the plan, and MCD is the executing agency for the project.
- The first phase will include the redevelopment of Kirti Nagar, Kamla Nagar, and Lajpat Nagar markets.
- Sarojini Nagar and Khari Baoli will be taken up in the second phase.
- SPA has been asked to consider the current status of the markets and feedback from traders’ associations.
- The proposal will include detailed information on each market, provisions of the zonal development plans, and the status of civic amenities and urban infrastructure.
- The modalities of the design competition and the estimated cost for the redevelopment will also be part of the proposal.
- The involvement of SPA and a senior officer from Shahjahanabad Redevelopment Corporation will expedite the project.
- The minister has emphasized the need for time-bound compliance and effective coordination among participating agencies.
Superfast News Coverage by DelhiBreakings.com team.
For Superfast national news and Delhi Breaking Stories visit us daily at https://delhibreakings.com