DelhiDesk: The syllabus for the fourth, fifth, and sixth semesters of various undergraduate courses, including Journalism, English, Persian, Arabic, Urdu, Punjabi, BBA, Business Economics, Social Work, Political Science, and Sociology, will be discussed in the upcoming Academic Council meeting at Delhi University. The Standing Committee of DU has given suggestions for these courses that will be presented in the meeting. Additionally, DU will start a Tribal Studies Center to educate students about the contribution of tribal leaders to society and a proposal to set up the Center for Independence and Partition Studies is being taken up in the meeting. Two new five-year courses of LLB will also be approved. Integrated Teacher Education (ITEP) course will run in DU from the academic session 2023-24.
Follow DelhiBreakings on Google News
News sorted for you by DelhiBreakings.com team.
– Academic Council meeting to be held in Delhi University on Friday
– Syllabus of fourth, fifth, and sixth semesters of various undergraduate courses to be discussed
– Courses include Journalism, English, Persian, Arabic, Urdu, Punjabi, BBA, Business Economics, Social Work, Political Science, and Sociology
– Standing Committee of DU has given suggestions for these courses
– Some other skill-based courses for all DU students to be approved, including Plant Tissue Culture and Computer Aided Jewelry Design
– Tribal Studies Center to be started, proposal to be presented in the Academic Council meeting
– Objectives include understanding the term tribe and studying the social, cultural, linguistic, religious, economic, and environmental diversity and commonalities
– Independence and Partition Studies Center proposal to be taken up in the meeting
– Two new five-year courses of LLB to be approved
– Integrated Teacher Education course to be introduced, admission to be accepted through entrance examination conducted by National Testing Agency
– Many teachers protesting against this proposal