Delhi High Court Seeks Report on Rape Case
A Division Bench of Chief Justice Satish Chandra Sharma and Justice Sanjeev Narula has demanded a report from the Delhi Police and the Department of Women and Child Development regarding a recent rape case. The court has also scheduled a further hearing on September 14 and stated that it will issue a detailed order.
Police Action Questioned
During the hearing, the court questioned the Delhi Police about the actions taken in response to the victim’s disclosure that she was raped by other individuals as well. The police representative assured the court that they will investigate this aspect. Additionally, they informed the court that the victim’s condition remains critical and she experienced a seizure yesterday.
Protection of Victim’s Identity
The court emphasized the importance of protecting the identity of the victim and directed the police to ensure confidentiality in this matter.
The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) has also acknowledged the issue and expressed concerns about non-compliance with the rules. The commission plans to file a reply in the case.
- The Delhi High Court has requested a report from the Delhi Police and the Department of Women and Child Development regarding a recent rape case.
- The court will issue a detailed order and has scheduled a further hearing on September 14.
- The police will investigate the victim’s disclosure of multiple perpetrators and stated that the victim’s condition remains critical.
- The court emphasized the need to protect the victim’s identity.
- The NCPCR has taken note of the issue and will file a reply, highlighting non-compliance with the rules.
Superfast News Coverage by DelhiBreakings.com team.
For Superfast national news and Delhi Breaking Stories visit us daily at https://delhibreakings.com