The Delhi government is set to redevelop 26 non-conforming industrial areas and one warehouse cluster. This project aims to enhance public facilities, improve road infrastructure, and create job opportunities, directly and indirectly benefiting 1.5 million people.

The redevelopment plan, announced during the 2022-23 employment budget, will be finalized by the end of June.

Development Plan and Employment Impact

The redevelopment process will be carried out in three phases, with different companies handling each phase. The areas to be redeveloped cover over 10 million square meters, housing more than 51,000 industrial units.

The plan is expected to generate significant employment opportunities, both directly and indirectly, for around 1.5 million people.

Details of the Redevelopment Process

The redevelopment will adhere to the layout plan under the DDA Master Plan 2021/2041 (draft). The project will be divided into three phases:

  • Phase 1: 40% of the work will be managed by one company.
  • Phase 2: 25% of the work will be handled by another company.
  • Phase 3: The remaining 35% is in the final stages of selecting a consultant company.

Facilities and Infrastructure Improvements

The redevelopment will include improved roads, public amenities, and enhanced infrastructure. Each industrial unit will be around 500 square meters, with 70% ground coverage allowed for construction. The remaining area will be utilized for parking, service lanes, STP plants, parks, and green spaces.

Financial Aspects

The government will cover 90% of the redevelopment costs, while industrial organizations will contribute the remaining 10%. This cost-sharing model aims to ensure sustainable development and maintenance of the redeveloped areas.

Key Takeaways

  • Employment: 1.5 million people will benefit from direct and indirect employment opportunities.
  • Improved Infrastructure: Enhanced roads, public facilities, and green spaces will be developed.
  • Phased Development: The redevelopment will occur in three phases, with different companies managing each phase.
  • Cost Sharing: The government will bear 90% of the costs, with industrial organizations contributing 10%.

 

Details Information
Total Area Over 10 million square meters
Industrial Units 51,000+
Employment Impact 1.5 million people (direct and indirect)
Phased Development 40% (Phase 1), 25% (Phase 2), 35% (Phase 3)
Cost Sharing 90% by government, 10% by industrial organizations
Key Areas Anand Parvat, Shahdara, Samaypur Badli, Jawahar Nagar, etc.
Completion Timeline Layout plans to be finalized by June end, phased implementation to follow

Providing most accurate Delhi NCR, National and Stock Market, Automobile stuffs since 2014. Experience in Journalism with 12 Years and Awarded by 4 Journalism HONORS in career. Putting best effort to provide most reliable news point.