Delhi Riots: Court reprimands Delhi Police and Special Public Prosecutor for not filing evidence and supplementary charge sheet
The Karkardooma Court’s Additional Sessions Judge Pulastya Pramachala has reprimanded the Delhi Police and the Special Public Prosecutor for not filing the list of evidence and supplementary charge sheet in time in a Delhi riots case. The court observed that this is an insensitive approach and directed a copy of his order to be sent to the Delhi Police Commissioner.
– The prosecution has been given one last chance to file documents and adjourned the hearing to July 15.
– All the accused have been asked to pay Rs 2,000 each as compensation.
– The trial was getting delayed due to the insensitive attitude of the prosecution.
– The court had directed the prosecution to place before it a list of evidence with specific details on March 20, but it was neither filed nor led by the prosecution.
– This case is of Dayalpur police station which was registered under sections 147, 148, 149, 380, 454, 427, 436 and 120B of IPC.
The judge has also asked all the accused to ensure payment of Rs 2,000 each as compensation before the next date of hearing. The court observed that preparing the list of evidence is the responsibility of the prosecution by meeting the prosecution or the investigating officer or the investigating officer. They are passing the responsibility on each other.
In this case, the accused Shah Alam, Irfan, Habib Ahmed, Rashid Saifi, Mohd. Shadan, Azhar, and Salim have got bail.
In conclusion, Delhi riots: Court reprimands Delhi Police and Special Public Prosecutor for not filing evidence and supplementary charge sheet on time. The prosecution has been given one last chance to file documents, and all the accused have been asked to pay Rs 2,000 each as compensation before the next date of hearing.
Follow DelhiBreakings on Google News
Superfast News Coverage by DelhiBreakings.com team.
For Superfast national news and Delhi Breaking Stories visit us daily at https://delhibreakings.com