Ravichandran Ashwin’s Perspective on ‘Mankading’
Ashwin highlighted that if a scenario arises where batters like Virat Kohli or Rohit Sharma were involved in a run-out situation during a crucial knockout stage of a match, it could potentially spark a substantial uproar.
“This is a fair assessment of the situation. Imagine someone running out Kohli, Rohit, Smith, Root, or any crucial batter at the nonstrikers in the World Cup semi-final or a crunch game that will decide qualification,” he posted on X, formerly known as Twitter.
“I am sure hell will break loose and there will be a character assassination campaign by some experts who still don’t agree with it and of course, fans that are on the receiving end.”
Further, he wrote, “At the moment not all teams are doing it but come the World Cup, I really hope everyone is ready for it cos taking a moral high stand and saying we won’t do it, should open a strategic window for the other teams and genuinely teams should take every single advantage coming their way because winning a World Cup is a lifetime achievement.”
He also wrote a solution to the problem stating that, “There is only one solution, whoever be the batter and whatever be the magnitude of the situation, the batter needs to watch the bowler load the ball up and rotate his shoulder before taking off and if he doesn’t do that and gets out, we should applaud the bowler and tell the batsmen that he can do better.”
Controversy Surrounding Ravichandran Ashwin
Ashwin landed himself in a controversy when he Mankaded Jos Buttler during the 2019 IPL season. This action triggered a series of similar incidents involving various players, intensifying the debate.
The Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) has addressed the issue multiple times, providing clarifications and making amendments to the relevant law in response to the evolving situation.
- Ravichandran Ashwin has shared his perspective on the ‘Mankading’ issue.
- Ashwin believes that running out top batters like Virat Kohli or Rohit Sharma in crucial knockout matches could lead to a substantial uproar.
- He suggests that teams should be ready to take advantage of every opportunity in the upcoming World Cup.
- Ashwin proposes a solution where batters need to watch the bowler’s shoulder before taking off to avoid being Mankaded.
- His Mankading of Jos Buttler in the 2019 IPL sparked a debate and subsequent incidents.
- The MCC has made clarifications and amendments to the law in response to the controversy.
Superfast News Coverage by DelhiBreakings.com team.
For Superfast national news and Delhi Breaking Stories visit us daily at https://delhibreakings.com